- Marketex Marine to build the Biggest fish feeding barge in the world
- High-Tech Fishing Vessel Delivered with MAN Propulsion
- Icelandic fishing company is considering renewing fresh fish trawlers
- Rolls-Royce to design and power live fish carrier for the Faroe Islands
- The most innovative US fishing vessel built in over 20 years
- Making it Big With the 58-foot Alaskan Limit
- BLRT Grupp delivered another fishing vessel hull
- Latest ring netter launched
- 50m Factory Trawler sets the standard in efficiency and fish processing capacity
- Fishery Inspection Surveillance Vessel for Angola launched at Damen Shipyards Galati
- BLRT Grupp will build „turn-key” fishing vessel
- Newbuilding VE401 Þorunn Sveinsdottir
- Macduff completes PD50 Golden Sceptre for Peterhead
- FR253 Virtuous launched in Whitby, Yorkshire
- ST-155 Geir – new longliner with moon pool
Marketex Marine to build the Biggest fish feeding barge in the world
Estonian company Marketex Marine was awarded a contract by the Norwegian company AKVA Group to build the biggest fish feeding steel barge in the world which has a very unique storage capacity.
According to business analysts’ forecasts, fish farming is escalating rapidly and it’s predicted the industry will supply almost two thirds of the world’s fresh fish requirements by 2030. “We are committed to continuing our support to the fish farming industry and are excited about working with our customers to develop the next generation of steel fish feeding barges that offer greater efficiency through increased storage capacity and a high standard of accommodation for the crew working on board”, said Darren Edwards the Managing Director of Marketex Marine.
Marketex Marine will manufacture the 40 metre x 12 metre x 850 metric ton Barge on a turnkey basis for the AKVA Group and the barge is scheduled for delivery in September 2014. The barge will be delivered ready to put into operation following F.A.T. and function testing of all its systems at the yard before being towed and put into commission at the fish farm.
During the past 10 years Estonian specialists have manufactured over 250 barges for the fish farming industry, that have successfully operated in different environments throughout the world and approximately 100 of these were manufactured for and delivered to the AKVA Group. “We believe it’s the experience gained during this time and the quality of our specialists and Project Management team that gave AKVA Group the confidence to place such a significant order with us“ said Mr. Edwards.
Marketex Marine offers large and complex turnkey solutions from steel, stainless steel and aluminum for small shipbuilding, fish farming industry and the renewable energy market. The company is a part of BLRT Grupp, one of the largest industrial holdings in the Baltic States.
WorldFishingToday - 30-04-2014