- Making it Big With the 58-foot Alaskan Limit
- BLRT Grupp delivered another fishing vessel hull
- Latest ring netter launched
- 50m Factory Trawler sets the standard in efficiency and fish processing capacity
- Fishery Inspection Surveillance Vessel for Angola launched at Damen Shipyards Galati
- BLRT Grupp will build „turn-key” fishing vessel
- Newbuilding VE401 Þorunn Sveinsdottir
- Macduff completes PD50 Golden Sceptre for Peterhead
- FR253 Virtuous launched in Whitby, Yorkshire
- ST-155 Geir – new longliner with moon pool
- Karstensens Skibverft deliver new trawler/purse seiner to Northern Ireland
- Completed Cleopatra 50, Mayra-Lisa N-22, makes first catch
- Kleven Maritime contracts for Norwegian factory trawler
- RI 568 Jette Mona
- EXCEL BF110
LK 986 Prolific
New LK 986 Prolific for Mark Anderson and partner
The Prolific is the latest new build from Parkol Marine, Whitby is goint on her fishing trials on Monday, 12. May 2008, then she is to be delivered to her owners later in the week.
The £1.6m vessel is the 22nd boat to be built by Parkol Marine, she is a steel hulled motor fishing vessel as laid out in General Arrangement Drawing number 53305/1 Revision A, having double chine hull, sloped transom stern, semi bulbous bow, soft nose stem and with full length shelter deck.
Arranged for single and twin rig trawling.
Below deck to be subdivided by three watertight bulkheads into: aft accommodation with steering gear, engine room, fishroom and forepeak tank/store.
The main deck is to have an athwartships, steel casing centred aft of midships for galley, mess and washroom. Aft side to have a steel shelter and integral gallow arrangement over net drum space, continued to transom. Forward, to have a non-weathertight aluminium alloy fish handling shelter space with winch and watertight focsle store.
Shelter deck to have aluminium alloy wheelhouse, foremast and landing derrick, trawl gallows and crane with power block.
The Prolific is a sister ship to the LK 985 Copious, completed in April 2006, also owned by Mark Anderson and Partners.
Length Overall 18,77 [m]
Length Register 16,49 [m]
Breadth moulded 7 [m]
Depth moulded 4,15 [m]
Draught aft (design) 4,15 [m]
Fuel capacity (approx) 18,000 liters
Fresh water capacity 4,000 liters
Ice Locker capacity 10 tonnes
Parkol Marine No: 22
WorldFishingToday - 12-09-2010