- Making it Big With the 58-foot Alaskan Limit
- BLRT Grupp delivered another fishing vessel hull
- Latest ring netter launched
- 50m Factory Trawler sets the standard in efficiency and fish processing capacity
- Fishery Inspection Surveillance Vessel for Angola launched at Damen Shipyards Galati
- BLRT Grupp will build „turn-key” fishing vessel
- Newbuilding VE401 Þorunn Sveinsdottir
- Macduff completes PD50 Golden Sceptre for Peterhead
- FR253 Virtuous launched in Whitby, Yorkshire
- ST-155 Geir – new longliner with moon pool
- Karstensens Skibverft deliver new trawler/purse seiner to Northern Ireland
- Completed Cleopatra 50, Mayra-Lisa N-22, makes first catch
- Kleven Maritime contracts for Norwegian factory trawler
- RI 568 Jette Mona
- EXCEL BF110
Conversion of fishing vessel 'Sjarmør' SF-17-SU
Nord Solund Fiskeriselskap bought the pelagic trawler MS Themis from Sweden and is converting it to a purse seiner.
Skipskompetanse has managed the conversion work, made general arrangement drawings, work specifications and has assisted the owners in negotiations and in choosing shipyard.
Skipskompetanse has also been responsible for obtaining drawings from suppliers and for follow-up with the authorities.
Length overall................. 36.34 meter
Breadth .......................... 8.20 meter
Depth ..............................6.10 meter
The conversion consists of: widening the hull, lifting and expanding the wheelhouse, new deck house on main deck, refurbishment of accommodations, fitting an anti-roll tank, building two net cages and fitting net handling equipment. In addition, the following equipment is fitted: a new auxiliary engine, a new harbour aggregate, a new RSW manifold, a new complete vacuum system, a new work boat with davit and a new fish handling arrangement with draining box and gullies.
The vessel was build at Colodo Polish Canadia co ltd shipyard in Stettin, Poland in 1993 as GG 64 Martina and later she was GG 144 Themis. She was length in 1993.
Skipskompetanse was established in 2007 and is located in Raudeberg, Norway. The company services the maritime industry and the customers are typically ship owners, ship yards, ship equipment suppliers and consultant companies.
Skipskompetanse is a part of Maritim Park, a fast growing cluster of companies with complementary competence within the marine and maritime industry.
Some of the services Skipskompetanse delivers are:
Drawings and calculations
Project management / Supervision for new building and / or rebuilding
Documentation and specifications
Assistance with tender, negotiation and contracting
3D modelling / Visualisation
Together with partners Skipskompetanse deliver turn-key projects. Skipskompetanse can be involved from the “first line” in the design and engineering phase through construction and building until the vessel is put into operation.
WorldFishingToday - 12-09-2010