- Making it Big With the 58-foot Alaskan Limit
- BLRT Grupp delivered another fishing vessel hull
- Latest ring netter launched
- 50m Factory Trawler sets the standard in efficiency and fish processing capacity
- Fishery Inspection Surveillance Vessel for Angola launched at Damen Shipyards Galati
- BLRT Grupp will build „turn-key” fishing vessel
- Newbuilding VE401 Þorunn Sveinsdottir
- Macduff completes PD50 Golden Sceptre for Peterhead
- FR253 Virtuous launched in Whitby, Yorkshire
- ST-155 Geir – new longliner with moon pool
- Karstensens Skibverft deliver new trawler/purse seiner to Northern Ireland
- Completed Cleopatra 50, Mayra-Lisa N-22, makes first catch
- Kleven Maritime contracts for Norwegian factory trawler
- RI 568 Jette Mona
- EXCEL BF110
Karstensens Skibverft deliver new trawler/purse seiner to Northern Ireland
Voyager was delivered to The Voyager Fishing Company on the 8th of August this year. The new vessel, LOA 75.4 meters, was delivered Northern Ireland from Karstensens Skibsverft of Denmark. Voyager’s homeport will be Kilkeel, Northern Ireland.
The Voyager Fishing Company signed the contract in 2008 for the combined trawler/ purse seiner, which was designed by Vik-Sandvik AS. The design was for the engine room to be aft, with sonar room, RSW control room and tunnel thruster compartment located forward. The berthing arrangements – for 14 people – accommodate for nine single berths, three double berths and a hospital room.
Voyager, which has a Wärtsila 16V32 engine driving a reduction gearbox and a Lips 4000 millimeter diameter propeller, also has two Caterpillar auxiliary engines, a C32 MGS and a C9.
The new vessel, which has a beam of 15.6 meters and a depth at the main deck of 7.2 meters, also has a working speed of 17.5 knots. With accommodation for up to 14 persons and a 10 fish holds, the new Voyager is prepared for everything.
All the winches and cranes are provided by Karmøy, with a CFlow vacuum pump. Voyager has a domestic fresh water capacity of 75m3 and fuel tank holding 472m3 and a tonnage of 3100GT. The RSW tanks by Midt-Troms and delivered by Norsk Kulde, have a 2465m3 capacity.
WorldFishingToday - 20-10-2010