- Making it Big With the 58-foot Alaskan Limit
- BLRT Grupp delivered another fishing vessel hull
- Latest ring netter launched
- 50m Factory Trawler sets the standard in efficiency and fish processing capacity
- Fishery Inspection Surveillance Vessel for Angola launched at Damen Shipyards Galati
- BLRT Grupp will build „turn-key” fishing vessel
- Newbuilding VE401 Þorunn Sveinsdottir
- Macduff completes PD50 Golden Sceptre for Peterhead
- FR253 Virtuous launched in Whitby, Yorkshire
- ST-155 Geir – new longliner with moon pool
- Karstensens Skibverft deliver new trawler/purse seiner to Northern Ireland
- Completed Cleopatra 50, Mayra-Lisa N-22, makes first catch
- Kleven Maritime contracts for Norwegian factory trawler
- RI 568 Jette Mona
- EXCEL BF110
Macduff completes PD50 Golden Sceptre for Peterhead
This summer Macduff added PD50 Golden Sceptre, LOA 21.22m, to Peterhead's fleet of fishing vessels this summer. The new vessel is owned by JJR Fishing Limited, who will be operating through Peter & J Johnstone Limited. Golden Sceptre will be run by James and Andrew West.
The design of the Golden Sceptre is similar to that of the FR143 Rebecca and BF240 Fruitful Bough. The BF240 Fruitful Bough is skippered by robert West, brother of James and Andrew West, the skippers of Golden Sceptre. The overall length of Golden Sceptre is 21.22 meters and the , registered length is 20.22 metes. The beam is 7 metres and depth to 3.9 metres. At 186 tons, Golden Sceptre can carry 18500 litres of fuel and 13500 litres of fresh water.
Golden Sceptre's main engine is a Mitsubishi S6R2 MPTK with a Reintjes WAF374 reverse reduction gearbox. the propeller, a Kort 1900mm diameter (4 blade) on a Kort XL nozzle. The auxiliary engine, located on the port side, is a Mitsubishi 6D24TC, which will can also drive the hydraulic pumps for deck machinery. The starboard side is home to the generator sets, two Mitsubishi 6D16T's.
Macduff also provided the deck machinery , which includes a Macduff 3 drum trawl winch, two Macduff split net drums, a TMA Gilson winch, a Thistle headline transducer winch, a Thistle MKB7 kinked boom crane and a Thistle MFB8 straight boom. All the deck machinery os arranged to be driven by the auxiliary engine, which is cooled by a heat exchanger. The main engine and the generator sets are cooled by grid coolers by Kort Propuolsion Co. Ltd.
Macduff Shipyards, alongside Macduff Profilers and Macduff Ship Design Limited did all the work as well as supplying the engines and sterngear. The wheelhouse comes fitted with electronics, including a Skipper GDF-201 black box sounder, an Olex 3D seabed mapping system and a WASSP multibeam sounder.
WorldFishingToday - 29-10-2010