- Great fishing for m/v Akamalik using Fortis netting
- EU Policies risk killing coastal communities, says NFFO
- Vonin opens office in Iceland
- Commitment to sustainable seafood doubles in Northern Ireland
- *Fishermens`s expertise rarely considered by scientists, study shows
- Skipper Expo Int. Bournemouth 2014 shaping up to be a great show
- Read the magazine Icelandic Fisheries
- Marel Salmon ShowHow - It’s All About Salmon
- The world’s first MSC-certified babyfood product
- Fishstock Brixham 2014, held 13th September 2014.
- Commission issues fleet capacity guidelines to support sustainable fishing in Europe
- Four boat displays at Skipper Expo Int. Bournemouth 2014
- Faroexpo 2014
- Fishstock Brixham den 13. september 2014
- First blue whiting enters MSC assessment
Great fishing for m/v Akamalik using Fortis netting
Reports from m/v Akamalik state that they have had some great fishing. In only 26 days they caught 600 ton of Shrimp. The total value of the catch is approx DKK 20 million
Reports from m/v Akamalik state that they have had some great fishing. In only 26 days they caught 600 ton of Shrimp. The total value of the catch is approx DKK 20 million.
Akamalik is owned by Royal Greenland and is a state of the art shrimp trawler. It is 75,40mtr long and has 6610 horse power.
M/v Akamalik is using Vónin 2014 shrimp trawls where a large part of the trawls is made from the Dyneema® based Fortis netting. Fortis is specially made for Vónin by Euronete and has been something of a breakthrough in netting. M/v Akamalik is also using the Injector Sparrow trawl doors.
The skipper this trip is Linjohn Christiansen and he has expressed great satisfaction about the gear.
If you want futher information about our Shrimp trawls or the Fortis netting please contact Søren Havmand on +298 230 220 or e-mail email@example.com
WorldFishingToday d. 21-11-2014