- New organisational structure for HB Grandi
- Entire Koppernæs Management Visited TripleNine
- Vedde Merger Is Fact of Life Per Early June
- Scottish Seafood key to winning restaurant’s success
- Fishing opportunities for 2014 - further phase out of overfishing
- Agreement on Common Fisheries Policy reform
- Fishing Industry Views Brought to the Heart of the Conservation Agenda
- Fishing Livelihoods Must Not be forgotten in European Marine Sites Management
- Commissioner Damanaki spoke at the event Gastronomy Days
- MSC celebrates that 20.000th sustainable MSC-labelled product comes from Migros
- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
First Irish Food Awards
Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM), the Irish Sea Fisheries Board has supported the first annual national Irish Food Awards.
According to Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) it has proudly backed the inaugural Irish Food Awards, Blás na hÉireann, which took place during the Dingle Peninsula Food and Wine Festival in Dingle, Co. Kerry on the 5th of October. It is said that with gold, silver, and bronze medals in 18 categories, the National Irish Food Awards recognise and reward excellence to companies that produce the best-tasting foods made in Ireland.
Donal Buckley, BIM Market and Business Development Manager, informed that BIM they are delighted to see two local companies gain the recognition they deserve. Not only have they produced high quality seafood products but they have moved with the times to produce convenient seafood products to meet today’s consumer demands. It is innovation such as this that helps drive the industry forward.
According to local news source Iasc Ui Mhathuna Teo won for their fantastic Hot Smoked Mackerel and Oak Smoked Organic Salmon products respectively, while Kenmare Bay Seafoods were awarded the Gold medal for their Mussels in Marinade of Honey and Herbs, as well as also being awarded the Gold Medal for the same product in the Ready Meals Category.
After wining the award Carl Daly, Director of Kenmare Bay Seafoods was thrilled saying that they are absolutely delighted to receive recognition not just once, but twice for their produce. The judging panel included well respected journalists, chefs, producers, and grocers from around the country.
WorldFishingToday d. 18-10-2008