- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
- Commissioner Maria Damanaki Welcomes European Parliament support to ban discarding in the Skagerrak
Excellent local fishing at the Cortez Bank
The local offshore landing has been excellent at the Cortez Bank as the fishermen are catching plenty of yellowtail and big to bigger rockfish.
It has been reported that the landing will be sending the Freedom on a day-and-half trip next Monday and Saturday to the Cortez. The fishermen will also be sending boats in that direction to achieve record fishing. The Central Section groundfish season is closing Nov 30. I can't help but feel remorse for the sportfishing fleet in the Central Section. In the past, the Central fleet switched to rockfish when the salmon season ended. The sportsboat fleet now has a rough time fishing because along with the rockcod closure the salmon season has been cancelled for the next two years.
The leader of the lingcod tournament at Patriot Sportfishing is Joe Torres of Arroyo Grande. Torres leads the pack with a 22.1-pound fish. The tournament closes Nov. 30 with the rockcod closure, it's not too late. Santa Ana River Lakes is holding a Trophy Trout Opener beginning today through Sunday. Catch the best of trout from the Mt. Lasson hatchery and the famous tailwalker rainbows from Nebraska.
Diamond Valley Lake has also been stocked with Mt. Lasson rainbows and the giant largemouth bass woke up to chase the new "dinners" around the lake. Although there is no private boat launching allowed, many rentals are available until the lake fills up. The lake is unusually low and falling, now is the time for the serious bass anglers to identify lake structure that will be underwater in the future. Also, now is the time to find those structures that attract those giant Lake Wohlford crappie.
WorldFishingToday d. 17-11-2008