- MSC celebrates that 20.000th sustainable MSC-labelled product comes from Migros
- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
Korean market emerges for Vietnamese seafood
Korea is emerges as the potential market for Vietnam’s seafood industry as it has growing demand of the same.
In recent news report it is said that Korea seafood volume is kept falling but on the contrary the demand for seafood in the Korean market is on the rise leading to the increase of demand to import seafood from other countries. Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters & Processors (VASEP) inform that presently, Korea is one of the main import market of Vietnam with the average import volume around 7,300 tons each year.
Experts also believe and predict that Korea will emerge as the potential market of Vietnam’s seafood so that enterprises should focus on this market. The main products which are beloved by consumers in Korean include: Shrimps, cephalopod, bivalve, pangasius and especially products processed from crabs.
VASEP is now pushing the exports of Vietnamese seafood to this market and so it will co-operate with Korean Seafood Association to seek for the agreement on information exchange, market expanse and study demand of new products in Korean market.
WorldFishingToday d. 18-06-2009