- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
- Commissioner Maria Damanaki Welcomes European Parliament support to ban discarding in the Skagerrak
- Commissioner Damanaki speaks at EU Parliament on unsustainable mackerel fishing in North East Atlantic
PMA certificate for unique Iridium Filter
Thrane & Thrane receives PMA certification for Iridium Filter where Inmarsat & Iridium combinations now possible.
Last week Thrane & Thrane received Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) for its unique Iridium Filter. By eliminating the effects an Inmarsat system may have on an Iridium system installed on the same aircraft, the filter enables the simultaneous use of Inmarsat and Iridium voice/data communication systems.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has awarded the PMA certification and now Thrane & Thrane’s Iridium Filter can be integrated aboard any aircraft. By combining Iridium and Inmarsat systems onboard the same aircraft, passengers can benefit from low-cost, multi-channel calls from Iridium as well as high data speeds provided by Thrane & Thrane’s Aero-SB Lite Inmarsat system.
The company said that the use of the Thrane & Thrane filter, the Inmarsat and Iridium antennas can be installed within very close proximity, meaning smaller aircraft can take advantage of the system integration. The unique structure of Thrane & Thrane’s Aero-SB Lite system makes Thrane & Thrane the only manufacturer that offers this solution, which enables customers to take full advantage of the benefits provided by combining both systems, without impacting the performance of either service.
WorldFishingToday d. 22-10-2009