- Synergies between Blue and Green growth agenda
- Company Excursion
- New organisational structure for HB Grandi
- Entire Koppernæs Management Visited TripleNine
- Vedde Merger Is Fact of Life Per Early June
- Scottish Seafood key to winning restaurant’s success
- Fishing opportunities for 2014 - further phase out of overfishing
- Agreement on Common Fisheries Policy reform
- Fishing Industry Views Brought to the Heart of the Conservation Agenda
- Fishing Livelihoods Must Not be forgotten in European Marine Sites Management
- Commissioner Damanaki spoke at the event Gastronomy Days
- MSC celebrates that 20.000th sustainable MSC-labelled product comes from Migros
- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
EPAX AS Omega-3 oils Friend of the Sea
Leading omega-3 supplier EPAX AS was awarded Friend of the Sea (FOS) certification for its sustainable marine sourcing and production methods and will soon offer its Omega-3 oils as having a documented and traceable origin from sustainable fisheries, the company announced today.
“Environmental sustainability and concern for the world’s sea life is a top priority at EPAX; the Friend of the Sea certification speaks of our commitment to being a documented, sustainable operation,” said Bjorn Refsum, CEO of EPAX AS. “We are fortunate that our vertical integration through our corporation allows us, as well as our customers, the unique position of providing complete traceability— from our own fish harvesting in Peru to our finished Omega-3 products in Norway.”
Additionally, EPAX was audited to ensure it meets FOS’s requirements on carbon footprint reduction and offset as well as social accountability. Mr. Refsum noted that traceability is audited onsite by FOS, while an annual traceability surveillance is run on all purchase reports.
About EPAX AS
EPAX AS offers concentrated marine omega-3 oils in the business-to-business segment under the brand name EPAX®, available in a wide range of top-quality formulas with different EPA/DHA ratios and concentrations focused on specific health conditions, available in TG and EE versions. EPAX AS is headquartered in Aalesund with a global sales office in Lysaker/Oslo, Norway. Its production facility in Aalesund is GMP-approved by the Norwegian Medicines Agency for the manufacturing of API products. The company’s operation is certified by Friend of the Sea (FOS) to have a documented sustainable operation – from the fish harvesting in Peru to its finished omega-3 ingredients in Norway. EPAX is vertically integrated and part of the Austevoll Seafood ASA group – a global pelagic fishery specialist with operations in Chile, Norwa y and Peru (www.auss.no).
Source: Friend of the Sea"
WorldFishingToday d. 19-11-2009