- MSC celebrates that 20.000th sustainable MSC-labelled product comes from Migros
- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
Fisherman Rescued After Vessel Capsizes Off Peterhead
A lone fisherman was rescued tonight after his small mackerel boat capsized one nautical mile off Peterhead.
The Peterhead based fisherman realised his vessel was sinking and called for assistance from the nearby fishing vessel Darcy Girl. After the Darcy Girl pulled up alongside he managed to leave his vessel Alert safely.
MRCC Aberdeen co-ordinated the rescue of the fisherman and arranged for Alert to be towed to Peterhead harbour by Peterheads RNLI All Weather Lifeboat.
Coastguard Duty Watch Manager Steve Smith said:
This fisherman did exactly the right thing by calling for assistance as soon as he got into difficulty. He was also carrying the right safety equipment and wearing a life jacket, all of which contributed to him being rescued unharmed.
WorldFishingToday d. 10-06-2010