- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
- Commissioner Maria Damanaki Welcomes European Parliament support to ban discarding in the Skagerrak
Organizational changes at Aker Seafoods and Norway Seafoods
Olav Holst-Dyrnes will join Aker Seafoods as Director Harvesting to head the groups’ fishery activities. In addition, Frode Mikkelsen has joined Norway Seafoods as Sales Director. Other changes have also been made to the organization at Norway Seafoods.
Olav Holst-Dyrnes (40) joins the group as Director of Aker Seafoods Harvesting, the business unit including all fishery activities in the group. He will join the company within May 1st. He has long experience from STOKKE and the Norwegian Armed Forces. Holst-Dyrnes has worked with continuous margin improvements at STOKKE, a leading company within children furniture. He has achieved strong results and built a solid team with focus on effective and global sourcing solutions. He has previous experience from sourcing and change management at the Norwegian Armed Forces. Holst-Dyrnes holds a Master of Science from Norwegian University of Technology and Science (NTNU) in Trondheim and has additional training from the Norwegian Military Academy.
Eldar Farstad (50) will be acting Director of Aker Seafoods Harvesting as of February 21st and until Holst-Dyrnes takes up his position. Farstad has extensive experience from the as controller in Aker Seafoods and has solid overview and insight into the fishing operations. Trond Williksen, who currently holds the position, will leave to become CEO of Akva Group ASA.
Frode Mikkelsen (46) joined Norway Seafoods as Sales Director on January 31st, responsible for all sales activities. He has long experience from sales management both within branded goods and private label. Mikkelsen joined Norway Seafoods from a similar position at Brynild Gruppen.
Morten Hyldborg Jensen (45) has moved from Sales Director to Director of Market Development at Norway Seafoods. He has over several years developed Norway Seafoods’ market position, and has extensive experience within market development, sales and client development.
Rami Haug Khoury (33) takes up a new position as Director Corporate Development at Norway Seafoods. Since 2007, he has held various positions at corporate related to business development, sourcing and finance. In his new role, Khoury will lead projects related to strategy, improvement and business development.
- We are excited about Olav Holst-Dyrnes and Frode Mikkelsen joining Aker Seafoods and Norway Seafoods. Both Holst-Dyrnes and Mikkelsen will strengthen the dvelopment and improvement efforts with their broad competences and solid experiences. The changes we are making at both Aker Seafoods and Norway Seafoods will strengthen our group for the future, says CEO at Aker Seafoods ASA, Thomas Farstad.
Source: Aker Seafoods"
WorldFishingToday d. 04-02-2011