- MSC celebrates that 20.000th sustainable MSC-labelled product comes from Migros
- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
Closure of gray triggerfish in La.waters announced
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) has announced the closure of commercial fishing for gray triggerfish in La. Waters.
The press release of the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) states that the commercial fishing for gray triggerfish will close in Louisiana waters on June 30, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. and will remain closed until January 1, 2013. The closure was made by LDWF Secretary Robert Barham under authority given by the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission, which allows the Secretary to declare a closed season.
At the same time NOAA Fisheries has also announced the closure of the federal waters of the Gulf of Mexico. The department established a quota for gray triggerfish annually. Based on current landings, the 2012 commercial quota of 60,900 pounds is projected to be harvested by July 1, 2012.
The press communiqué also states that during the closure all commercial harvest, possession, purchase, exchange, barter or sale or attempt to purchase, exchange, barter, trade or sell gray triggerfish is prohibited. This does not apply to fish harvested, landed ashore and sold prior to the effective closure date and were held in cold storage by a dealer or processor with appropriate records.
WorldFishingToday d. 25-06-2012