- NFFO East Anglia Committee Elects Chairman
- Marel to Supply VAP Section of New Bakkafrost Salmon Plant
- Project in Scotland awarded to Recom Ice Systems
- Cornish Fishermen Leading the Way to Change Nonsensical EU Spurdog Management
- Finest quality saithe from Selvogur
- Skipper Expo Int. Galway - Records Broken
- Skipper Expo Int. Galway looks set to be a great show
- Craemer Fish Boxes - Reliable, durable and high-quality
- Cummins Power Tour at Galway
- Two Kilkeel Brothers See Great Benefits
- Capelin stay shallow
- Great fishing for m/v Akamalik using Fortis netting
- EU Policies risk killing coastal communities, says NFFO
- Vonin opens office in Iceland
- Commitment to sustainable seafood doubles in Northern Ireland
Strong early interest in aberdeen
The Skipper Expo International Aberdeen commercial fishing show that will be staged on 10th and 11th May is already attracting a huge level of interest with over 50% of stand space sold so far to suppliers from the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.
This will be the third international Aberdeen fishing expo hosted by organiser Mara Media, with the event having already gained the reputation within the UK seafood industry as providing a great place to do business.
Sharon Boyle of Mara Media says: “The 2012 expo welcomed more than 2,500 visitors and the positive response to the show from the fishing industry was overwhelming.
Aberdeen is seen as a great venue, given that the north-east of Scotland is right at the heart of the fishing industry. As well as the brisk level of business reported by exhibitors, visitors have also found the expo to be a very stimulating and useful networking event.
This is a view supported by previous exhibitor, Jane Goodwin of Mullion Survival Technology. She said: “The direct benefit we gained from the exhibition was excellent in terms of networking with co-exhibitors, making new contacts, and gaining business and orders.
Simon Cormack of Marine Design International said: “The 2012 event was our first time exhibiting and the exposure it brought to our company was excellent, with the new business achieved providing the icing on the cake.
The full expo programme is still in the process of being finalised but the organisers are looking to provide an array of attractive features including boat displays and seafood tasting events. The Skipper Expo International Aberdeen 2013 will be held on 10th and 11th May 2013 at the Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre (AECC). More information at www.maramedia.ie
Maramedia.ie – FiskerForum.com
WorldFishingToday d. 09-01-2013