- MSC celebrates that 20.000th sustainable MSC-labelled product comes from Migros
- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
Strong early interest in aberdeen
The Skipper Expo International Aberdeen commercial fishing show that will be staged on 10th and 11th May is already attracting a huge level of interest with over 50% of stand space sold so far to suppliers from the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.
This will be the third international Aberdeen fishing expo hosted by organiser Mara Media, with the event having already gained the reputation within the UK seafood industry as providing a great place to do business.
Sharon Boyle of Mara Media says: “The 2012 expo welcomed more than 2,500 visitors and the positive response to the show from the fishing industry was overwhelming.
Aberdeen is seen as a great venue, given that the north-east of Scotland is right at the heart of the fishing industry. As well as the brisk level of business reported by exhibitors, visitors have also found the expo to be a very stimulating and useful networking event.
This is a view supported by previous exhibitor, Jane Goodwin of Mullion Survival Technology. She said: “The direct benefit we gained from the exhibition was excellent in terms of networking with co-exhibitors, making new contacts, and gaining business and orders.
Simon Cormack of Marine Design International said: “The 2012 event was our first time exhibiting and the exposure it brought to our company was excellent, with the new business achieved providing the icing on the cake.
The full expo programme is still in the process of being finalised but the organisers are looking to provide an array of attractive features including boat displays and seafood tasting events. The Skipper Expo International Aberdeen 2013 will be held on 10th and 11th May 2013 at the Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre (AECC). More information at www.maramedia.ie
Maramedia.ie – FiskerForum.com
WorldFishingToday d. 09-01-2013