- Agriculture and Fisheries Council discusses Fishing Opportunities for 2015
- Open letter to EU Commissioner on discards
- Tummas T crew happy with Vónin trawl
- Herring dispute between European Union and Faroe Islands nears end
- Better knowledge of fishing gear is key to minimising sea bed impacts
- Samherji Norwegian & Icelanic herring trawl and seine
- £50,000 available for fishermen’s training and safety
- The Port of Hirtshals strengthens its competitive position on maritime service
- New fish house at Thorupstrand
- Icelandic Group purchases FleXiCut
- Sainsbury’s launches UK’s first certified sustainable tuna sandwich
- Exhibitor numbers soar for Skipper Expo Int. Aberdeen 2014
- An International Exhibition with a New Identity
- New generation portioning for the salmon industry
- Marel Demonstrates Leadership in Fish Processing Innovations
Strong early interest in aberdeen
The Skipper Expo International Aberdeen commercial fishing show that will be staged on 10th and 11th May is already attracting a huge level of interest with over 50% of stand space sold so far to suppliers from the UK, Ireland and the rest of Europe.
This will be the third international Aberdeen fishing expo hosted by organiser Mara Media, with the event having already gained the reputation within the UK seafood industry as providing a great place to do business.
Sharon Boyle of Mara Media says: “The 2012 expo welcomed more than 2,500 visitors and the positive response to the show from the fishing industry was overwhelming.
Aberdeen is seen as a great venue, given that the north-east of Scotland is right at the heart of the fishing industry. As well as the brisk level of business reported by exhibitors, visitors have also found the expo to be a very stimulating and useful networking event.
This is a view supported by previous exhibitor, Jane Goodwin of Mullion Survival Technology. She said: “The direct benefit we gained from the exhibition was excellent in terms of networking with co-exhibitors, making new contacts, and gaining business and orders.
Simon Cormack of Marine Design International said: “The 2012 event was our first time exhibiting and the exposure it brought to our company was excellent, with the new business achieved providing the icing on the cake.
The full expo programme is still in the process of being finalised but the organisers are looking to provide an array of attractive features including boat displays and seafood tasting events. The Skipper Expo International Aberdeen 2013 will be held on 10th and 11th May 2013 at the Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre (AECC). More information at www.maramedia.ie
Maramedia.ie – FiskerForum.com
WorldFishingToday d. 09-01-2013