- Coastal state consultations on mackerel break down
- How can scientists learn from fishermen
- Hoping for good cathes from westerly migration
- NFFO secures government support for storm hit fishermen
- Low levels of heavy metals in saithe
- An International Exhibition with a New Identity
- Coastal State consultations on mackerel in the North-East Atlantic in Bergen
- Fishermen’s safety set to be a key theme at Galway and Aberdeen fishing expos
- Chile squat lobsters and nylon shrimp fishery enters MSC
- Four fishermen were rescued from a liferaft by the RAF
- BIM to sponsor Skipper Expo Int. Galway 2014
- Ruth HG264 equipped with brand new mackerel gear from Vònin
- The First of the Big Ten Goes Blue
- What a year
- Notus pleased to announce new partnerships
Commissioner Damanaki presenting the EU policy towards the Arctic in Tromsø
Commissioner Maria Damanaki where she is presenting the EU policy towards the Arctic.
Damanaki is meeting Mr Espen Barth Eide, Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Carl Bildt, Swedish Foreign Minister and Chair of the Arctic Council, and Ms Leona Aglukkaq, Canadian Minister of Health and of the Northern Economic Development Agency and incoming Chair of the Arctic Council.
Commissioner Damanaki delivered a keynote speech at the Arctic Frontiers 2013 Conference, which is taking place in Tromsø. She is also attending the signing Ceremony of the Agreement between the Arctic Council Secretariat and the Government of Norway.
On fisheries policy, Ms Damanaki is meeting with the Norwegian Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs, Ms Lisbeth Berg-Hansen.
See the link below : "The Arctic: an EU Perspective" - Commissioner Damanaki's speech at the Arctic Frontiers 2013 Conference
EU Commission – FiskerForum.com
Read more her
WorldFishingToday d. 21-01-2013