- Agriculture and Fisheries Council discusses Fishing Opportunities for 2015
- Open letter to EU Commissioner on discards
- Tummas T crew happy with Vónin trawl
- Herring dispute between European Union and Faroe Islands nears end
- Better knowledge of fishing gear is key to minimising sea bed impacts
- Samherji Norwegian & Icelanic herring trawl and seine
- £50,000 available for fishermen’s training and safety
- The Port of Hirtshals strengthens its competitive position on maritime service
- New fish house at Thorupstrand
- Icelandic Group purchases FleXiCut
- Sainsbury’s launches UK’s first certified sustainable tuna sandwich
- Exhibitor numbers soar for Skipper Expo Int. Aberdeen 2014
- An International Exhibition with a New Identity
- New generation portioning for the salmon industry
- Marel Demonstrates Leadership in Fish Processing Innovations
Commissioner Damanaki presenting the EU policy towards the Arctic in Tromsø
Commissioner Maria Damanaki where she is presenting the EU policy towards the Arctic.
Damanaki is meeting Mr Espen Barth Eide, Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Carl Bildt, Swedish Foreign Minister and Chair of the Arctic Council, and Ms Leona Aglukkaq, Canadian Minister of Health and of the Northern Economic Development Agency and incoming Chair of the Arctic Council.
Commissioner Damanaki delivered a keynote speech at the Arctic Frontiers 2013 Conference, which is taking place in Tromsø. She is also attending the signing Ceremony of the Agreement between the Arctic Council Secretariat and the Government of Norway.
On fisheries policy, Ms Damanaki is meeting with the Norwegian Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs, Ms Lisbeth Berg-Hansen.
See the link below : "The Arctic: an EU Perspective" - Commissioner Damanaki's speech at the Arctic Frontiers 2013 Conference
EU Commission – FiskerForum.com
Read more her
WorldFishingToday d. 21-01-2013