- Skipper Expo Int. Galway looks set to be a great show
- Craemer Fish Boxes - Reliable, durable and high-quality
- Cummins Power Tour at Galway
- Two Kilkeel Brothers See Great Benefits
- Capelin stay shallow
- Great fishing for m/v Akamalik using Fortis netting
- EU Policies risk killing coastal communities, says NFFO
- Vonin opens office in Iceland
- Commitment to sustainable seafood doubles in Northern Ireland
- *Fishermens`s expertise rarely considered by scientists, study shows
- Skipper Expo Int. Bournemouth 2014 shaping up to be a great show
- Read the magazine Icelandic Fisheries
- Marel Salmon ShowHow - It’s All About Salmon
- The world’s first MSC-certified babyfood product
- Fishstock Brixham 2014, held 13th September 2014.
Merger Means Greater Security for Production In Denmark
In 2012, TripleNine's Board of Directors signed an agreement with Norwegian Koppernæs AS to merge the fishing operations of the two companies.
"The Board of Directors finds that this is the best solution for ensuring TripleNine's future, for the opportunities for landing fish to the factory in Thyborøn, and for developing the company to the benefit of the shareholders," Board Chairman Anker Mejnertz said at TripleNine's Annual General Meeting on Thursday. "At the same time, the merger gives us production opportunities in Norway and Chile, as well as a much greater focus on trading."
The agreement with Koppernæs means that TripleNine will change its financial year to the calendar year as from 1 January 2013. In other words, the company will have a very short financial year of two months from 01.11 to 31.12.2012.
Lack of political interest
"The idea was that the new company would be Danish, with headquarters in Esbjerg. But neither the politicians, nor the Port of Esbjerg seem to be interested in that. This attitude hasn't made it easier for us to explain to our Norwegian partners why this would be a good idea," Anker Mejnertz said.
The final decision on the merger is to be taken at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the new TripleNine A/S at the beginning of 2013 simultaneously with the adoption of the financial statements for the two months.
WorldFishingToday d. 23-01-2013