- Coastal state consultations on mackerel break down
- How can scientists learn from fishermen
- Hoping for good cathes from westerly migration
- NFFO secures government support for storm hit fishermen
- Low levels of heavy metals in saithe
- An International Exhibition with a New Identity
- Coastal State consultations on mackerel in the North-East Atlantic in Bergen
- Fishermen’s safety set to be a key theme at Galway and Aberdeen fishing expos
- Chile squat lobsters and nylon shrimp fishery enters MSC
- Four fishermen were rescued from a liferaft by the RAF
- BIM to sponsor Skipper Expo Int. Galway 2014
- Ruth HG264 equipped with brand new mackerel gear from Vònin
- The First of the Big Ten Goes Blue
- What a year
- Notus pleased to announce new partnerships
Merger Means Greater Security for Production In Denmark
In 2012, TripleNine's Board of Directors signed an agreement with Norwegian Koppernæs AS to merge the fishing operations of the two companies.
"The Board of Directors finds that this is the best solution for ensuring TripleNine's future, for the opportunities for landing fish to the factory in Thyborøn, and for developing the company to the benefit of the shareholders," Board Chairman Anker Mejnertz said at TripleNine's Annual General Meeting on Thursday. "At the same time, the merger gives us production opportunities in Norway and Chile, as well as a much greater focus on trading."
The agreement with Koppernæs means that TripleNine will change its financial year to the calendar year as from 1 January 2013. In other words, the company will have a very short financial year of two months from 01.11 to 31.12.2012.
Lack of political interest
"The idea was that the new company would be Danish, with headquarters in Esbjerg. But neither the politicians, nor the Port of Esbjerg seem to be interested in that. This attitude hasn't made it easier for us to explain to our Norwegian partners why this would be a good idea," Anker Mejnertz said.
The final decision on the merger is to be taken at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the new TripleNine A/S at the beginning of 2013 simultaneously with the adoption of the financial statements for the two months.
WorldFishingToday d. 23-01-2013