- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
- Commissioner Maria Damanaki Welcomes European Parliament support to ban discarding in the Skagerrak
Merger Means Greater Security for Production In Denmark
In 2012, TripleNine's Board of Directors signed an agreement with Norwegian Koppernæs AS to merge the fishing operations of the two companies.
"The Board of Directors finds that this is the best solution for ensuring TripleNine's future, for the opportunities for landing fish to the factory in Thyborøn, and for developing the company to the benefit of the shareholders," Board Chairman Anker Mejnertz said at TripleNine's Annual General Meeting on Thursday. "At the same time, the merger gives us production opportunities in Norway and Chile, as well as a much greater focus on trading."
The agreement with Koppernæs means that TripleNine will change its financial year to the calendar year as from 1 January 2013. In other words, the company will have a very short financial year of two months from 01.11 to 31.12.2012.
Lack of political interest
"The idea was that the new company would be Danish, with headquarters in Esbjerg. But neither the politicians, nor the Port of Esbjerg seem to be interested in that. This attitude hasn't made it easier for us to explain to our Norwegian partners why this would be a good idea," Anker Mejnertz said.
The final decision on the merger is to be taken at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the new TripleNine A/S at the beginning of 2013 simultaneously with the adoption of the financial statements for the two months.
WorldFishingToday d. 23-01-2013