- Coastal state consultations on mackerel break down
- How can scientists learn from fishermen
- Hoping for good cathes from westerly migration
- NFFO secures government support for storm hit fishermen
- Low levels of heavy metals in saithe
- An International Exhibition with a New Identity
- Coastal State consultations on mackerel in the North-East Atlantic in Bergen
- Fishermen’s safety set to be a key theme at Galway and Aberdeen fishing expos
- Chile squat lobsters and nylon shrimp fishery enters MSC
- Four fishermen were rescued from a liferaft by the RAF
- BIM to sponsor Skipper Expo Int. Galway 2014
- Ruth HG264 equipped with brand new mackerel gear from Vònin
- The First of the Big Ten Goes Blue
- What a year
- Notus pleased to announce new partnerships
Commissioner Damanaki to present EU's Arctic Policy at EU Foreign Affairs Council
Thursday 31 January, Commissioner Maria Damanaki, together with EU High Representative, Vice President Baroness Ashton, will present to the EU Foreign Affairs Council of Ministers the EU's Policy towards the Arctic.
That has been adopted by the Commission and reaffirm the EU’s interest in becoming a permanent observer to the Arctic Council.
EU`s Arctic Policy is based on three pillars -knowledge, responsibility, engagement- and contains a set of tangible actions for the EU to contribute to research and sustainable development in the region and promote environmentally friendly technologies.
Last week, Commissioner Damanaki travelled to Tromsø Norway where she presented the EU policy towards the Arctic at the annual Arctic Frontiers Conference.
EU commission – FiskerForum.com
WorldFishingToday d. 31-01-2013