- Agriculture and Fisheries Council discusses Fishing Opportunities for 2015
- Open letter to EU Commissioner on discards
- Tummas T crew happy with Vónin trawl
- Herring dispute between European Union and Faroe Islands nears end
- Better knowledge of fishing gear is key to minimising sea bed impacts
- Samherji Norwegian & Icelanic herring trawl and seine
- £50,000 available for fishermen’s training and safety
- The Port of Hirtshals strengthens its competitive position on maritime service
- New fish house at Thorupstrand
- Icelandic Group purchases FleXiCut
- Sainsbury’s launches UK’s first certified sustainable tuna sandwich
- Exhibitor numbers soar for Skipper Expo Int. Aberdeen 2014
- An International Exhibition with a New Identity
- New generation portioning for the salmon industry
- Marel Demonstrates Leadership in Fish Processing Innovations
Commissioner Damanaki to present EU's Arctic Policy at EU Foreign Affairs Council
Thursday 31 January, Commissioner Maria Damanaki, together with EU High Representative, Vice President Baroness Ashton, will present to the EU Foreign Affairs Council of Ministers the EU's Policy towards the Arctic.
That has been adopted by the Commission and reaffirm the EU’s interest in becoming a permanent observer to the Arctic Council.
EU`s Arctic Policy is based on three pillars -knowledge, responsibility, engagement- and contains a set of tangible actions for the EU to contribute to research and sustainable development in the region and promote environmentally friendly technologies.
Last week, Commissioner Damanaki travelled to Tromsø Norway where she presented the EU policy towards the Arctic at the annual Arctic Frontiers Conference.
EU commission – FiskerForum.com
WorldFishingToday d. 31-01-2013