- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
- Commissioner Maria Damanaki Welcomes European Parliament support to ban discarding in the Skagerrak
- Commissioner Damanaki speaks at EU Parliament on unsustainable mackerel fishing in North East Atlantic
Commissioner Damanaki to present EU's Arctic Policy at EU Foreign Affairs Council
Thursday 31 January, Commissioner Maria Damanaki, together with EU High Representative, Vice President Baroness Ashton, will present to the EU Foreign Affairs Council of Ministers the EU's Policy towards the Arctic.
That has been adopted by the Commission and reaffirm the EU’s interest in becoming a permanent observer to the Arctic Council.
EU`s Arctic Policy is based on three pillars -knowledge, responsibility, engagement- and contains a set of tangible actions for the EU to contribute to research and sustainable development in the region and promote environmentally friendly technologies.
Last week, Commissioner Damanaki travelled to Tromsø Norway where she presented the EU policy towards the Arctic at the annual Arctic Frontiers Conference.
EU commission – FiskerForum.com
WorldFishingToday d. 31-01-2013