- Potential measures against the Faroe Islands
- Council Mandate Brings CFP Reform Closer
- North Sea RAC meets the Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- European Commission unveils maritime strategy for the Atlantic
- All Aboard for the Reform of Common Fisheries Policy
- New Managing Director at Qalut Vónin
- Commission calls for cooperation to boost sustainable aquaculture in Europe
- Russia complains over EU-Mauritania Fisheries Partnership Agreement before WTO
- Damanaki at Seafood Expo 2013
- Damanaki launching new online market intelligence tool for fisheries
- Action Plan to save sea birds
- World`s largest Seafood Trade Fair opens tomorrow
- Agriculture and Fisheries Council, 22 April 2013
- Reviving the Mediterranean blue economy through cooperation
- Commissioner Maria Damanaki Welcomes European Parliament support to ban discarding in the Skagerrak
Possible synergies between wild fish and fish farming
Fish farming of whitefish provides improved stability and flexibility for processing plants and increased deliveries of first-class seafood to demanding markets. Today, Aker Seafoods CEO, Yngve Myhre, holds a presentation at the annual Glitnir Securities Seafood Conference in Oslo, Norway where he focuses on the possibilities of combining first-class raw material from wild fish with first class raw material from farmed fish, and how this combination affects the fishing industry.
- In an industry where we experience strong seasonal variations in deliveries, breeded and farmed cod provides a unique possibility both for our employees and our customers, says Mr. Myhre. We can secure more stability when it comes to raw material access for our processing plants and increase our deliveries to our customers.
Earlier this year, Aker Seafoods invested further in wild cod breeding and acquired shares in the whitefish fish farming company, Mare AS, in Finnmark, Norway, Today, the company has farming activities in Havøysund, Båtsfjord, and Kjøllefjord in Norway. The investment is an important element in Aker Seafoods’ strategy to increase its deliveries of fresh fish and consumer packed seafood. – It’s with pleasure that I can share with you that the volume so far this year has increased by one hundred percent compared to last year, Myhre says.
Read more her
WorldFishingToday d. 28-05-2008