- First Icelandic MSC product
- Marel presents the next generation of advanced salmon retail pack slicing
- Commissioner Damanaki to discuss maritime security in high level seminar in Dublin
- Marel promotes innovation through partnership
- Certified Flowscale Sets Benchmark
- Vónin Pelagic Bag has Fished for DKK 400-500 Millions
- State-of-the-art trawler fitted with BLUNOX SCR
- ITM2 Trimming Robot sets new benchmark for salmon processing
- Vónin visits the Flume Tank in Hirtshals
- Wärtsilä's integrated gas propulsion system chosen for new offshore support vessel
- Notus celebrates 20th anniversary
- Wärtsilä's leadership in gas engine technology enhanced - more than 2000 engines sold and 7 million running hours accumulated
- Formal release of the new X-ray guided cutting machine
- Good mackerel season for pair trawlers
- Let us put our expertise to work for you
Simrad SX90 sonar slims down and shapes up
Simrad trims the fat as the SX90’s two PCs become one, with no loss in performance
Already the market leading low frequency, high-definition, long range sonar, the Simrad SX90 has recently become an even stronger proposition to support professional fishing vessels in improving catch, thanks to an extensive hardware revision. The fundamental change to the new version of the Simrad SX90, which is available now, is that it uses a single PC that provides higher performance and functionality than the original dual PC solution that the system was initially offered as. This enhancement is made possible through recent advances in computer hardware.
"The ongoing development of the market leading Simrad SX90 sonar has once again resulted in improvements for the end-user," states Mads Dahl, Sales Director, Simrad.
"Thanks to improvements in computing power and speed, we are now able to increase the performance of the previous dual PCs with just a single PC. This offers a number of benefits to the user, including simpler installation, improved reliability and easier maintenance due to the reduced number of parts."
Installation of the new single PC Simrad SX90 is made even more straightforward as Simrad’s engineers have redesigned the system to negate the need for an interface unit, so all connections are made directly to the computer. Additionally, reliability is enhanced further with the inclusion of a new solid state hard-drive, which is more suited to the harsh marine environment than a standard unit.
The Simrad SX90 is a low frequency, high-definition, long range sonar and is the most powerful Simrad sonar ever released and therefore the most powerful professional fishing sonar on the market today. Though an excellent performer at shorter range, the Simrad SX90 sonar is specially designed for vessels where long range detection is important.
Simrad SX90 Fish finding sonar
The SX90 is a long range, low frequency fish finding sonar. It is specially designed for vessels where long range is criteria No.1.
360° omnidirectional sonar
90° vertical tip mode
20 to 30 KHz operational frequency
Selectable beam width
Large dynamic range
Dual beam operation
Store and recall sonar data
Define your own user settings
WorldFishingToday - 09-09-2010