- First Icelandic MSC product
- Marel presents the next generation of advanced salmon retail pack slicing
- Commissioner Damanaki to discuss maritime security in high level seminar in Dublin
- Marel promotes innovation through partnership
- Certified Flowscale Sets Benchmark
- Vónin Pelagic Bag has Fished for DKK 400-500 Millions
- State-of-the-art trawler fitted with BLUNOX SCR
- ITM2 Trimming Robot sets new benchmark for salmon processing
- Vónin visits the Flume Tank in Hirtshals
- Wärtsilä's integrated gas propulsion system chosen for new offshore support vessel
- Notus celebrates 20th anniversary
- Wärtsilä's leadership in gas engine technology enhanced - more than 2000 engines sold and 7 million running hours accumulated
- Formal release of the new X-ray guided cutting machine
- Good mackerel season for pair trawlers
- Let us put our expertise to work for you
Order book opens on new Thrane & Thrane SAILOR VHF
Package combines new SAILOR 900 VSAT, SAILOR FleetBroadband, Vizada Services and Vizada XChange to provide global broadband coverage at all times.
Thrane & Thrane has today (July 21st 2011) announced the full availability of its brand-new ‘non-class’ VHF radio. The SAILOR 6248 VHF is part of the new Thrane & Thrane SAILOR 6000 GMDSS Series and is based on the same platform as the range leading SAILOR 6222 VHF DSC Class A, ensuring high-quality build and rich functionality throughout.
The all-new SAILOR 6248 VHF is developed and designed to meet the tough requirements of professional mariners operating in a wide variety of vessels, from open workboats through high seas fishing vessels to merchant ships. Based on Thrane & Thrane’s experience as a leading provider of maritime radios, the SAILOR 6248 VHF is built to last and provide reliable operational communication regardless of the environment it is used in. It is waterproof to IPx6 and IPx8 rating, which makes it possible to install it in open boats without any modifications.
In addition to the high build quality and durability, the SAILOR 6248 VHF brings with it a number of new and unique features within its class. These include SAILOR Replay, which enables the previous conversation to be played back, and it comes as standard with all relevant channel tables, such as: International, US incl. WX, Canadian and BI (European Inland Waterways) – Including ATIS and ATIS ‘Killer’.
The SAILOR 6248 VHF also features a simple, easy to operate user interface with a graphical display and the option of red backlight to protect the night vision and may be integrated with other SAILOR equipment using the ThraneLINK network protocol, which offers benefits in servicing or upgrading. It also features a LAN port for direct connection to an engineer’s laptop for maintenance.
With a high-quality built-in 6W loudspeaker, the SAILOR 6248 VHF provides clear audio. The system can be integrated with a wide range of accessories including extra handsets and hand microphones, a control speaker microphone and separate loudspeakers that can be positioned anywhere on the vessel. All accessories are built to the same high quality SAILOR standards at the radio itself.
“SAILOR is a highly regarded name in marine radio so when we design a new system it has to live up to the expectations of the industry,” comments Casper Jensen, VP Maritime Business Unit, Thrane & Thrane. “We’re confident that the SAILOR 6248 VHF will be just as popular and durable as the previous generation non-class SAILOR VHF it replaces, which has become the de facto industry standard in several maritime sectors.”
WorldFishingToday - 30-07-2011