- Wärtsilä X40 engine successfully passes Type Approval Test milestone
- First Icelandic MSC product
- Marel presents the next generation of advanced salmon retail pack slicing
- Commissioner Damanaki to discuss maritime security in high level seminar in Dublin
- Marel promotes innovation through partnership
- Certified Flowscale Sets Benchmark
- Vónin Pelagic Bag has Fished for DKK 400-500 Millions
- State-of-the-art trawler fitted with BLUNOX SCR
- ITM2 Trimming Robot sets new benchmark for salmon processing
- Vónin visits the Flume Tank in Hirtshals
- Wärtsilä's integrated gas propulsion system chosen for new offshore support vessel
- Notus celebrates 20th anniversary
- Wärtsilä's leadership in gas engine technology enhanced - more than 2000 engines sold and 7 million running hours accumulated
- Formal release of the new X-ray guided cutting machine
- Good mackerel season for pair trawlers
30% more catch when changing to the Vónin Shrimp Grid
Our sales manager at Vónin Canada mr. Jan Klein was on a trip with one of Canda's larger shrimp trawlers - the Labrador Storm. They were fishing in the Hopedale area where the depth is around 150 fathoms. The Labrador Storm is towing one trawl and the fishing was fair this trip.
Mr. Jan Klein had brought along Vónin Canada's trawl camera and he got some video footage of the Vónin Shrimp Grid in action - and what a sorting grid! As you will see on the footage the water flow in the grid is very good! The shrimp are going through the grid and into the bag with great ease.
The statement from the crew is that this is the best sorting grid they have ever had on board. The water flow is extraordinary good and it has increased the catch significantly.
It is very important that you have the right sorting grid, because there is a point where all the shrimp have to go trough before entering the bag says Jan Klein. Vessels have increased their catch by 30% when changing to the Vónin Shrimp Grid.
WorldFishingToday - 30-07-2011